Opaque water-based wall primer for exterior walls
GLOBAPRIM HYDRO is a water-based, opaque primer and adhesive primer based on an acryliccopolymer dispersion.
FEATURES – USE
• can be applied to the following substrates if they are dry and coherent: concrete, cementation, existing paint systems in good condition, smooth surfaces, such as smooth concrete, clinker bricks and sand-lime bricks,….
• Opaque base coat.
• significantly reduces the porosity of new absorbent, highly porous substrates such as aerated concrete.
• is microporous and supports the breathability of the top layers.
• ensures easy pre-treatment, increases surface adhesion and extends the life of the
• Contains a fine grain.
• Low odor.
SUBSTRATES AND PAINT SYSTEMS
Always apply GLOBAPRIM HYDRO on a dust-free, dry, coherent substrate, without grease or oils. Swallow skin, dirt and saltpeter remove with a stiff brush.
Adapt the pre-treatment to the nature of the substrate in order to obtain good adhesion.
Swallow skin and saltpeter/salt rash
• Dry brush off sludge skin and saltpeter/salt rash with a stiff brush.
Substrates with moss, algae or fungal growth
• If present: remove algae and moss as much as possible and treat with POLYFILLA PRO S705 ; leave 24 hours take effect, (repeat the treatment if necessary). Dry brush to remove any residues of green deposits, moulds, etc and algae are removed.
• No rinsing is required, which ensures a prolonged effect.
New, absorbent or non-coherent substrates and aerated concrete
• Remove dust and apply 1 coat of GLOBAPRIM HYDRO .
Old painted surfaces
• Old, powdery substrates: brush and fix with 1 coat of GLOBAPRIM HYDROFIX
• Renovation: remove all loose parts, clean old layers, degloss and remove dust. Applying a primer GLOBAPRIM HYDRO
Calcareous or calcareous substrates
• Brush, then stabilize with 1-2 coats of GLOBAPRIM HYDROFIX or GLOBAPRIM FIX according to the thickness.
• Scrape and brush before applying GLOBAPRIM HYDO .
• GLOBAPRIM HYDRO may be painted over with all common dispersion paints or decorative plasters .
• Powdery substrates must be fixed with GLOBAPRIM HYDROFIX OR GLOBAPRIM FIX
PROCESSING THE PRODUCT
Drying time at 20°C and 60% RH
• Dry: 1 hour.
• Paintable: 5 hours.
• Substrate Temperature: min. 10°C
• Ambient temperature: min. 10°C
• Relative humidity: Max. 75%
Processing and dilution
• Brush and roll: ready to use.
• Binder(s): Acrylate copolymers
• Pigment(s): Titanium Dioxide and Mineral Fillers
• Solvent: Water
• Dry matter content: By weight: 60 ± 2% By volume: 40 ± 3%
• VOC EU limit value: EU limit value for this product (cat.A/c): 40 g/L VOC. This product contains max. 6 g/L VOC.
• Aspect: Matt + contains a very fine grain.
• Colour: White.
• Colorize: Via the Trimetal color mixing system.
• Packaging: 5 L – 10 L
• Density at 20°C: 1.44 ± 0.05
• Theoretical return: 6 to 8 m²/l depending on the roughness and porosity of the substrate.
• Building physics values according to DIN EN 1062: G3E2S1V1A0C0
• Gloss (mirror reflection): G 3 mat
• Layer thickness: E 2 (dry ± 50 to 66 µm per layer = wet ± 125 to 166 µm per layer)
• Grain size: S 1 nice < 100 m
• Water vapor permeability: V 1 high
• Water permeability after
• Diffusion resistance to CO 2 µdCO 2 > 50 m
STORAGE – SHELF LIFE
Store preferably frost-free and protected in the original and unopened packaging, at a temperature between 5°C and 35°C in unopened packaging for at least 12 months.
HYGIENE AND SAFETY
Consult our product safety data sheet. If you do not have it, it will be sent to you on request.
Keep out of reach of children.
These technical data are based on our own knowledge and experiments and are provided to you as a guideline. However, this does not imply any formal liability for use of our products.
Always ask our services whether there is no new invoice from recent date.