- Clean the surface from contaminents such as oil, grease, salts & chlorides using a biodegradable degreaser such as Safeclean BIO 3, followed by a rinse with clean water
- Remove any loose rust, paint and corrosion by abrasive blasting, UHP waterjetting or power tool cleaning.
Apply by brush, roller or spray:
|Layer||Product Name||Generic Type||Mix Ratio||Min. Temp.||Dry time @ 25°C||m2/L brush||m2/L spray||Thinner|
|1st coat||Interprime 198||1 comp. alkyd primer||n/a||-5°C||1 hr||4,92||3,28||GTA007|
|2nd coat||Interlac 665||1 comp. alkyd topcoat||n/a||-5°C||6 hrs||10,8||7,2||GTA004|
Find the right application tools in the toolbox for solvent based coatings
- Do not apply or expose the paint below dew point, above 80% relative humidity, rain or temperatures below 10°C during application or drying.
- Apply a stripe coat by brush on sharp edges, cavities such as pitting corrosion, in corners and difficult areas to reach by spray
- An extra coat may be needed to achieve primer thickness when applying by brush and roller.
Always read the product technical data sheet and safety data sheet before using the coatings, to be found in the Download section.