- Clean the surface from contaminents such as oil, grease, salts & chlorides using a biodegradable degreaser such as Safeclean BIO 3, followed by a rinse with clean water
- Remove any loose rust, paint and corrosion by abrasive blasting, UHP waterjetting or power tool cleaning.
Apply by brush, roller or spray:
|Layer||Product Name||Generic Type||Mix Ratio||Min. Temp.||Dry time @ 25°C||m2/L brush||m2/L spray||Thinner|
|1st coat||Stelpant PU Zinc||1 comp. zinc rich MCU primer||n/a||-5°C||0,5 hrs||8,01||5,34||PU-Thinner|
|2nd coat||Stelpant PU-MICA UV||1 comp. MCU topcoat||n/a||-5°C||3 hrs||6,39||4,26||PU-Thinner|
Find the right application tools in the toolbox for solvent based coatings
- Do not apply or expose the paint to above 96% relative humidity, rain or temperatures below -5°C during application or curing for min.30minutes.
- Apply a stripe coat by brush on sharp edges, cavities such as pitting corrosion, in corners and difficult areas to reach by spray
- Respect to minimum and maximum overcoating time as per product data sheet
Always read the product technical data sheet and safety data sheet before using the coatings, to be found in the Download section.